Pre-call for organizing the ESRS 2022 Satellite events: “Far apart but still close together”!
We hope you and your family and friends are staying safe and healthy due to these challenging times. Following up the great enthusiasm of the new ESRS event-idea for “meeting” during June 2022, we would like to cordially invite you all to submit your initial interest in organizing a physical meeting –event at your home place. The idea is to gather small groups of people in different places of the ESRS community. The Scientific Committee will review applications and select suitable proposals, inviting a further submission which will include further logistical details. In this preliminary call we only need the following information.
- Size of gathering: generally, we expect between 10 to 50 people according to local circumstances.
- Date(s): between 21 th -24th of June 2022. It might be during every afternoon or in the mornings; or only 1-2 days. We feel it is important to be flexible.
- Format of event: It might be as a classic working group with a call for papers or it may take an alternative format such as a panel discussion, a Q&A event, a PhD /young researchers training –summer school to name but a few examples.
- During the meeting days ESRS will also have some common, on-line, events that fall within the theme “Just Rural Transitions: Opportunities and Challenges” in order to enrich the patchwork of local events and provide an opportunity for wider deliberations across the ESRS.
- See elaboration of theme here.
Don’t miss this great opportunity to exchange ideas, strengthen the ESRS community and build on our discipline.
Wishing you a great summer, and looking forward to creating the new ESRS local events with you!
Please send your interest to email@example.com , at the latest by 1.9.2021
- Topic of email: ESRS 2022 satellite events
- Body of email: short answers to where? expected numbers? when? the local theme/aim of your programme?
On behalf of the Executive Committee of the ESRS and the Scientific Committee of the forthcoming ESRS 2022 Satellite events: “Far apart but still close together”!